We are proud to say that our Computer Club is the largest activity group at the KSAC with around 150 members. The club usually has a mixture of more or less 50/50 male/female and is a good place to meet new friends with similar interests. Member’s computer skills range from the novice beginner to the skilled user. Weekly programs reflect the needs of all levels of skills. Regular speakers are drawn from our very talented members and we also have guest speakers from local businesses from time to time.
Regular meetings usually consist of two sessions with a coffee break in between, The first session is from 12:30 to 1:30 and the second from 1:45 to 2:30 pm. We meet in a large auditorium with room for nearly 200 people and usually have an attendance of between 80 to 100 people. Club presentations are shown on a large screen so all can see and we have state-of-the-art computer equipment and microphones so all can see and hear. The official name of the club is Kent Street Activity Center Computer Club but it's also known as the White Rock Seniors Computer Club, for web search engine placing and as a familar name for those not using other Kent Street Activity Center facilities. The Club is closed for the summer months of June, July and August.
For new members and guests, there is no need to join the Kent Street Activity Centre right away. To see if the Club is a good fit for you, we invite you to attend three meetings, then if you like what you see you will be invited to join the club. Our membership fee is only $15.00 annually covering the period Jan. - Dec. Fees can be paid either by cash or by cheque made out to KSAC Computer Club and submitted to our Membership Director who is at every meeting.
To join the KSAC/WRSS Computer Club you are also required to be a member of White Rock Leisure Services which costs $38/year. You can do this by registering at the KSAC office located in the downstairs entrance at 1475 Kent Street, White Rock. The phone number there is (604) 541-2231
The City of White Rock, British Columbia, Canada is situated near the 49th parallel on the Semiahmoo Peninsula in the Southwest corner of the BC lower mainland. It’s approximately 45 km south of Vancouver and approximately 5 km from the Canadian – USA Washington State border. The City is a seaside residential community of approximately 19,000 stretching about 8 km along the shoreline of Semiahmoo Bay waterfront facing the Olympic mountain range in Washington State USA. The waterfront includes a pier and a two and a half kilometers long promenade. The City enjoys a moderate climate and is a preferred retirement area. Average summer temperature is 23 degrees Celsius and the winter average temperature is 6 degrees Celsius.
- The Kent Street Seniors Activity Centre is run by the City of White Rock.
- Membership requirements are 55 years plus.
- There are 19 activity groups at the Centre, the Computer Club being the largest at around 200 members.
- Composition of the Club is more or less a 50/50 mix of the sexes.
- Member’s computer skills range from the novice beginner to the skilled user.
- Programming reflects the needs of all levels of skills. Speakers are drawn from the members and local businesses.
- We meet on Wednesdays in the large Auditorium 12 noon to 2.30 pm with a mid session coffee break.
- Club equipment consists of a state of the art computer with many peripherals and software programmes, auxiliary equipment and a high power projector and large projection screen.
WRSCC/KSAC Computer Club Web Administrator